1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with the Blade

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chris79792000, Feb 3, 2009.

1. chris79792000

chris79792000 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I've got a meyer 7ft blade and while plowing today I went through a big drift. After I got through I lifted the blade and noticed that it was sprung backwards. I pulled up to a tree and bump it which relieved it. Now it seems as though it is tilted back a little farther than normal. i can't see anything bent or broken, does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

new sector is needed $218 will get you 1 i just fixed one last year

3. chris79792000

from Indiana

where do you get them?

4. chris79792000

from Indiana

also what causes it to do that?

5. kashman

hitting piles without picking the blade up . you can get them at a meyer plow store . you can fix the 1 you have i did

6. kashman

it will get worse it will do it after the blade trips then it gets annoying real fast

7. chris79792000

from Indiana

how do you fix it? I couldn't see anyhting wrong with it. I noticed from when I bought it that it would rock form side to quite a bit. I didn't think much about it thought thats how they were. Also you said it's rom hitting piles without rising the blade, how does this cause the blade to trip back? I know I got alot of questions don't I.

8. kashman

when you get a chance take you springs off tip the blade forward you will see that the front of the sector is bent back. what i did was bent it back and put in shims 2 stop it from bending

9. kashman

bottom of your blade cuts in2 the pile pushes on the top of the blade. which gives you a scoop plow

10. chris79792000

from Indiana

here do you put the shims? I appreciate the help. Like I said I have alot of questions.