1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem With Spreader Controls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by john r, Feb 6, 2016.

1. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Ever since I bought my Swenson PV358 I've had nothing but problems with the control box. Talk to Swenson and tell me to bring it to a shop. Took it back for warrantee and the shop does nothing but blow me off. They tell me it was low on gear oil(yea, right). Don't ever use "Modern Equipment" The service manager is a jerk and the secretary is rude. (They also couldnt fix my new $71.000.00 wood chipper) Talked to swenson some more and gave me the BS. Now both the auger and spinner do not work when I hit the run switch. Only the blast runs the motors. Swenson says both motors are now bad. (Uh huh). It's $1500.00 for a new box plus a 4 week wait. Now the warrantee expired and Swenson wont honor the repair. Any one repair or find a suitable box to replace the OEM one?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That was a lot if DETAILS. See it's not that hard.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your problems but not surprised.

4. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

what kind of wood chipper? I have a friend sueing them right now because of two wood chippers they messed up. doesnt suprise me they cant seem to get anything right .

5. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I had a Bandit 280HD custom built. The grapple loader attachment, when it works, is great for clearing.
    To make a long story short, I will never buy another Bandit product again. Oh, did I say Swenson?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  6. gassux

gassux Member
    from NY

You had issues with trius as well?

7. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Yes, Trius in NJ not NY. Not sure if they are the same company

8. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Is this a v-bed ? I have had a air-flo years ago with two computers running the salter which never worked right and went to war with air-flo. I found a electric controller that worked great (basic). Let me know I will share the place I got the controller.
    rtobias@njtransit.com