1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with SnoWay plow... won't run

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I have '94 2500 series SnoWay plow on a 94 GMC 3500. I picked it up from the dealer who serviced the plow on a different truck ('97 Chevy 2500)- worked fine. Now it won't run on the 3500 after sitting in the garage for the past three weeks.

I the truck solenoids are clicking and I have power to the plug, used test light for up, left, right, etc. Nothing on the plow side. When it's plugged in we get power to the solenoids when we run up/left/right. But nothing moves on the plow. No angle, no up and no down pressure.

I took apart the wiring harness to make sure all the connections were solid - they are. Maybe a ground? Where is the ground on the plow side? Is there? What else should I be looking at?

Thanks for your help.

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

hehehe had this problem this morning at 4am. Replace the solenoid under the hood. Mine was actually cracked. Let me know if it works.

3. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

We had a Sno-Way that would do something like that every one-in-awhile. It was a "Fuseable link" I think? it just unplugged and you could plug another one in. We kept a handfull of them in the truck

4. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Haven't jumped on it yet... but I think it is a ground. Thanks Alan for your call. We worked on getting our ATV plow rigged up and snow delfectors on today. Luckily this plow is a back up plow that goes on our salter - so it's not critical. I'll update as to what we find over the weekend assuming we don't get bogged down by snow. Who knows though, the predicted 2 to 4 and then another 3 to 5 tomorrow may be a another wild prediction.