1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with Snoway Control Box

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nicaho, Dec 14, 2013.

1. nicaho

nicaho Junior Member

Older sno way with box controller with down pressure switch

It seems to have a short in one of the wires going into the box. If I hold the wires tight into the box I can hear the solenoid clicking. The problem happened last week with the first snow. We replaced the motor thinking that was the problem. After hooking everything up it worked fine until I drove a few miles and it quit. Thats when I realized the control box was the culprit.

Is it possible the control box is shorting out the solenoid? I can hear it clicking but no power to angle or lift. Ordered a new box but wondering what options I might have until it gets here. Snow is on the ground now in Indianapolis

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting

Mine quit working intermittently today. I just installed this used plow and used it for the first time today. I was wondering if I could wire any other plow controller to switch out that big combersome controller? Subscribed to see if anybody has an answer.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If solenoids are clicking but the motor doesn't run try replacing the 12 volt motor solenoid under the hood.

Take the box apart and look for a bad wire or broken switch.

4. nicaho

nicaho Junior Member

Fixed!

It was the brown wire leading to the connection of the other 3 brown wires coming out of the box. Had to splice thru the mesh to discover the problem. It was definitely causing a short and doing damage to the solenoid. Re wired and new solenoid and all is good :)

Still spent seven hours in the loader (with no heat) before I was able to get new solenoid. My feet are cold but my knees are FROZEN lol.

Looking forward to the warmth of my truck and a working plow next snow!

Happy Plowing Everyone :):mechanic: