1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with rear plow.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Billz, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Billz

Billz Member

I have a boss rear plow, and lately when I try to raise it the sound is much higher pitched, and it doesn't move right away... after a few secs, it will start making the lower whirring sound and it works fine... Could this be the motor going bad? It is even starting to happen when I try to lower it.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

check the fluid, the pump might be getting air. one of the screens inside the reservoir could be crushed also.
    i didnt know boss made a rear plow?
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I didn;t know they made one either, but I agree- check the fluid first. 9 times out of ten higher pitch means less resistance in the motor so low fluid.
  4. They dont'

Boss doesn't make a back plow....but check the flliud, the screens and the FLOW CONTROL on your line. If all are fine then dont worry about it. Boss doesn;t make a back plow, but many of the boss dealers in west michingan install back plows that they make themselves. Good luck