1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mysticlandscape, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Ok, So I am going to a concert tonight and its supose to snow. So I go to hook up the plows before I leave just incase. I go to put my ez V on and it goes right on like usual. Everything is hooked up right and everything. There is power to my fish stick. I turn it on and go to lift the plow and somthing clicks and the fish stick turns off... unplugged everything and tried it again. It did the same thing... sounds like a relay clicks under the hood when it turns off. Any ideas?

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I had the same problem with my MM2 and it turned out to be the solenoid. Try wiggling the battery cables on the solenoid and see if its just a bad contact. Good luck, Roy

3. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

The fish stick is protected by a 7.5 amp fuse in the control wire harness. If the solenoid shorts, then the fuse will pop. Had this happen on my plow earlier this year. In my case there was something loose inside the solenoid. At rest everything worked find, but moving (shake rattle and roll). The solenoid would short.

4. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Defiantly sounds like a solenoid

5. Mysticlandscape

Ok, I had a feeling that might be it. How hard of a fix is that, Dealer or can I attempt it myself? Doesnt seem like it would be too hard..

6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Its a 2 minute job. disconnect the large red wire at the battery that feeds the solenoid, so you don't have to worry about shorting it out. then remove the nuts, remove cables swap out the solenoid and reconnect. BTW I saw your dump at Wendy's in Salem during the storm on Monday. Sharp truck!!!

7. Mysticlandscape

Lol thanks. Figures my guy is over there, he doesnt bring enough food an snacks with him, you should see the inside when hes done. I am gunna head to Brake and Clutch and get one hopfully thats the problem.

8. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Any problems let me know. I maintain equipment for a few landscapers nights an weekends.

9. Mysticlandscape

Well do you have a test light, they said that It might be the pump to.. where are you located. My buddy that has the test light and tools I use is at work and I cant get in touch with him.

10. Mysticlandscape

Never mind he just came by, Its gutta be the solinoid im gunna go grab one.

11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I had the same problem but worse. Couldn't figure out why the plow was only working intermittently. It was driving me crazy......Turns out......The negative battery cable was loose......Tighten all connections first at the solenoid AND the battery,....than go get a new solenoid.

12. Mysticlandscape

Replaced the solinoid. Turned out to be a loose connection or somthing on the battery. All set now, and I have an extra solinoid lol.

13. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Guess you didnt read my post

14. Mysticlandscape

I did, After I got in from getting it to work so It was too late. As long as its working..

15. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

dude

dude if you ever need anything just let me know, im always around and have just about any tool imaginable. especially when it comes to electrical stuff ( dad & grandfather are electricians) and im pretty good with fixing and wiring.....

16. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Did the problem leave you dead in the water with that truck? I can't imagine there was a lot of plowing to do, though I did all my accounts in Nashua as there was just enough for a push.

17. Mysticlandscape

We didnt get any snow down here so I made out..