1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with plow mount.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firebug130, Sep 9, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have a 99 chevy 1500 silverado. I purchased a used mounting carton that mounts directly to my truck. It is the classic mount. The guy I purchased from had a 7.5st plow mounted to it. I have a7.5st and it will not line up properly in the mount. The lift framef fits fine but when I went to line up plow and place pins in it i noticed that it is plow willl not line up. I can get it to go in one side however it is missing the other side by half to three quarter an inch. I've checked for any type of bent areas or broke welds where either piece had been re welded. Both appear to be factory welds. What could the problem be? When I purchased this plow mount it came off of the exact truck I have and he ran the same plow. I am frustrated at this point. Any suggestions, email me at firebug130@yahoo.com or feel free to call my cel 502 609 7753. Thanks, Jay
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What did you have the blade and A-frame installed on previously? Something old?
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Sounds like an old style A-Frame to me.

Easiest solution would be is to, look at a newer style A-frame, take a measurement from the pin to the rear crossmember, I bet if you have an old style the same measurement will be longer, if that's the case cut your A-Frame down in length and then re-attach the hinges in the correct position to meet up to your mounts.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:nod: My thoughts exactly Jay, and was the reason I asked what the A-frame was previously from.
  5. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Thanks, I'm not sure if he had old or new style a frame. I will certainly look into cutting it down.