1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with plow lights

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by robbiep22, Feb 18, 2013.

1. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

I bought a ph1 810 that didn't have plow lights. So I got a set of hinker lights that were a direct replacement. The problem I'm having is that the high beams don't work. I go to turn the highs on and it just flips back to my truck lights. I've replaced the relays and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What truck, what headlight adapters?

3. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

It's a 2005 silverado 2500hd. Not sure what adapter it is though. I know it's the right one though cuz they guy I ought the plow from had the same truck as me.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Same year?

You've got a ground wrong. Either in your Hiniker lights pigtail or in your headlight adapters.

5. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

If it was a bad ground won't the low beams not work as well?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

not necesarry,,,,,you could be getting gnd from the headlight high/low circuit. happens alot
    do you have all the wires hooked up???

7. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

Yea everything is hooked up right. Ill have to trace wire to see if I can find anything.

8. dieselss

You know theres 2 gnd wires in there right. The white wire branches off to the headlights and marker lights.
    Did you have to remove the headlight connector? Like pull the pins outta the plastic keeper?

9. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

No I didn't have to do that. The weird part about this is that when I pull my dimmer at switch back to flash the brights all 4 bulbs come on no problems but when I push the switch forward to use just my brights it flips back to truck lights. Does it still sound like a bad ground?

10. dieselss

Well it could be gnd. Gotta start cking wires