1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with plow angleing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Swampdonkey, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

I have a fisher plow it has electronic controls with a clutch pulley on the pump. When I clean up the trail off if the snow is heavy it will force the blade to angle to the side that the snow is on. Are there check valves or something that is supposed to stop this from happening.

Thanks for any help

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Fisher uses what they call "cushion valves".

They are like relief valves for the rams in case you hit something so the pressure does not build up in the piston or in the lines causing you grief.

I snapped a couple of photos out of a plow manual, (belt driven with clutch)
    that I downloaded from the link to fishers web site at the top of this page.

Either these cushion valves are dirty, out of adjustment, or you are pushing some damn heavy snow.

Valve.jpg

Txt.jpg

chart.jpg

3. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Thanks Mebes it is supposed to be a little bit warmer tomorrow I will take a look at it then. The pictures are awesome, thanks again!