1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with my plow not moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pushinsno, Oct 25, 2009.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

Okay we put in a new solenoid, hooked all the wires in when i i plugged in touch pad controller the plow imediately angled all the way to left and wont do anything else the control pad says overloard as well as a clicking noise from the solenoid, and i think my battery has no juice now like it sucked the life outta the battery....where should i begin to look to solve the problem, and should i get a more heavier duty battery as well?

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I'm no Meyer expert, but here's my opinion. If it was OK until you plugged in the controller, I'd suspect the controller is bad. Know anybody else with a touchpad you can plug in and try?

3. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

well when i joined the two plug harnesses is when it went due left and wont do anything else..... now when i plug it in it clicks outta of the solenoid constantly.....should the touch pad controller be wired in to constant power or only power when the ignition is on....the pad lights up and all but the battery in my truck is shot could that be part of the problem as well i am gonna get a new new heavier duty battery