1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with my meyers.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Matt L., Feb 5, 2008.

1. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

plowing this morning plow angled all the way to the right made my push picked up and plow wouldnt angle back. put blade on ground and drug it backwards a little pick up and then it worked. did this off and on about 5 or 6 times only when angled to the right.
    cylinder doesnt look bent and i havent hit anything hard recently. thanks.

2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Don't know how old your plow is, but common problem with Meyers is that the couplers are bad. It happened to my old Meyers, gave me fits till I figured it out. :gunsfiring:

3. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

couplers

ght thanks for the info. do you mean the couplers are not letting fluid through or arnt staying hooked? guess it doesnt matter i have a new one. ill replace and give it a try thanks. oh and the plow is a 91 same as truck its on both are on there last leg.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

did u hit anything ? we had an issue on a plow 2 years ago bent A frame

5. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

KGRlandscaping
    no ihavent hit anything lately. in december we had a thaw then it froze and we got 7" that nite. when plowing the blade kept tripping and slamming back. i tried to go slow but momentum was needed for the drifts.

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

try the meyer forum.

maybe B&B will help

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i really think its the a frame or the piviot bolt is shot and its jumping the stop right in front of the chains on the aframe. the stop that the sector slides under its jumping out of the so when u put it down and pull back it slides back under then u can turn it.

8. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

good idea!

good chance of that! considering the age of the plow ill check that out tommorrow! thanks!