1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with my 94 5.9 magnum

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Moonlighter, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Hey guys i'm looking for some suggestions to what my problem could be. 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9l magnum v-8, 103,995. It was running fine until I got a batch of bad fuel, since then it hesitates under load, pops, and generally lacks power. Low driving range not bad, mid range no power, popping, spiting, until you mash it to the floor, then she will get up and just about tear the rear end out trying to move. All symptoms were present before and after doing the following, tune up - cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil, fuel filter/pressure regulator, also welded up some holes in converter. I checked the injectors with a stethoscope all seam crisp and change/increase when throttle is applied. O2 sensor has triggered check engine light, so I will replace that soon. However o2 tripped the light long before I had this issue. Any help would be awesome and very much appreciated, B&B any thoughts?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm sorry please hold.
    B&B is busy helping another member for free at the moment.

While the rest of us are chopped liver and would have no idea on what could possibly be wrong with your truck.

Soo pleas hold .... It's a long line....;)
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=67094

3. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

4. Moonlighter

Thanks usmcmp5811 I really appreciate the input I will check it as soon as possible, snofarmer I wasn't trying to piss in anyone's Wheaties, and hell who knows maybe you are chopped liver by now. I am just trying to get as many opinions as possible as snow is coming soon. So thanks to anyone trying to help.

------------------------------------------------------
    Moonlight Snow Removal
    "We play in the snow while you sleep!"

5. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

do you know for sure you are Firing on all Cylinders? Is the Fuel Rail Rusted ? Mine was and Ended up Clogging the injectors. Check Fuel Pressure at the Fuel Rail (should be a tap there)

6. Moonlighter

Cool I'm going thru it in the next few days, and I will check it to. I'm going to do a full diagnostic of everything until I lick this issue. I recently the other day had to relieve fuel pressure at the rail to change the FF/PR and it shot out like there was no tomorrow, but I will put a guage on it to make sure thank you for the tip, this dodge is very new to me, I have only had it for the summer, and after last season it was running great. thanks again guys.

7. Moonlighter

Problem Solved

Hey guys just wanted to update everybody, I put the Oxygen Sensor in today, and low and behold the truck is back to normal:redbounce, just in time for the white stuffpayup. Thanks to everyone that helped with suggestions, and hopefully this info can help someone out in the future. I am a very happy camper now.:bluebounc:
    Time for the snow dance!!!!!!!xysport
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Moonlight Snow Removal
    "We play in the snow while you sleep!"
    1995 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.9L Magnum