1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Plow37, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Plow37

Plow37 Junior Member

I have a 1997 Ford F350 diesel dump with a Fisher 9' minute mount plow, I can only get either the plow lights or the truck lights to come but not both together. On low beams truck lights are on and when I switch on the high beams the plow lights and the parking lights on the truck come on but no head lights. I bought one new solenoid and switched the two on my truck out one at a time but problem still persists, please help as i am new to this.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You shouldnt be able to get the plow headlight and the truck headlights on together. Sounds like the relays are not wired correctly, best bet is to go to westerns site and check their mechanic/trouble shooting guides for a 2 relay harness.

3. Brookside

Brookside Member

As was previously said, you shouldn't have truck headlights and plow headlights at the same time. Sounds like you might have other problems, but it's always good to make sure the plow's electrical connectors at the grill are clean and tight. My plow headlights went out while plowing friday - I unconnected from the grill, sprayed them with WD40, and back in business.