1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with lights dimming

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ChEc0, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

I have a 2000 GMC 2500 and when im driving around my oights dim than come back and the dash lights do the same i can watch the amp meter go below 14 hols for a second and come back sometimes it does it all the time some times it doesnt even do it at all. My battery is fine and Alt. is good i have cleaned terminals and moved the pwoer wire for plow from battery to positive jump. Any and all input will help

thanks
    matt

2. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I would guess you have a short somewhere: exposed wire that vibrates to a ground. If its not blowing a fuse, I would assume its somehwere on the battery side of the fuse panel.

3. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

so bascically what your saying is for me to start chasing wires

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Start by checking your ground. 9 out of 10 times it's where the problem lies.

Have fun! Electrical can be such a PIA!:redbounce

5. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

If your referring to the ground on the battery I already pulled that off and cleaned it all up and I still have the problem

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

No there are qute a few grounds on the truck You should have one from frame to batt, also to body to bat and body to frame. You can also figure out which is your gound wire for your lights and then run a jumper ground to see if this improves the situation. if it does,you know where to look! If you are talking about plow lights clean your pins on the connections then grease them so they don't corrode see if you can clean the female connections also!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  7. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

ok i will start searching for grounds thank u