1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with lights after boss plow installed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hardwoodcd, Dec 29, 2010.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I had a boss vxt moved from my old truck to a truck I just bought. When I picked the truck up from the shop that did the work (boss retailer) everything seemed to be fine. That was yesterday. Today I took the plow off and my headlights are not working properly. I hit the toggle and they might turn on. If they don't turn on then a quick on off of the truck light switch usually turns them on. Its just not working the way it should. Any ideas? I will be calling the shop tomorrow but just wanted to tap into every ones minds. Thanks, Casey
  2. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

what kind of truck?
  3. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

check grounds and relays you may also want to unplug the light switch all together I had a switch get stuck in the truck position and had to put a jumper in to use plow lights till i got a switch.
  4. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Thanks guys for the input! We put in a new truck plow toggle and it seems to be working for the time being. Buy the way, it is an 06 Dodge QC/SB 2500.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a normal characteristic on the '03-up Dodges that happens with just about anything tied into the headlamps circuits.

Get into the habit of NOT switching between the truck and plow light positions with the lights on so the connection isn't broken while the headlamp driver module is monitoring the system for any open circuits or excessive power draw. Since it can only monitor them if they're on.
  6. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Thanks B&B, That is what the installer recommended. Thanks for the advice.