1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with lift

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by charlesellis, Dec 13, 2014.

1. charlesellis

charlesellis Junior Member

Before tilting the cab on my Case 40xt, I removed the bucket, raised the arm all the way, and set the guard. After undoing all that, ready to reattach the bucket, the arm would not raise or lower. I can pull on the bypass knob and move it, but I have to be pulling on the knob all the time. What's wrong? How do I fix it?

2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

It sounds like a safety to me like maybe the one on the seat, When you tiped the cab you may have pulled a wire connector apart. Do you have a door on the machine? It could also be that switch. Other than that I wouldn't have any idea unless you changed hydraulic hoses and would have crossed them on the wrong side or something. Good luck.

3. charlesellis

charlesellis Junior Member

Well, there's no door. I haven't done anything with the hoses. I'll check to see if I see any wires coming out of the seat. Thanks.
    Charles