1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with hooking up plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vincent, Dec 5, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Sport duty boss

I drop the plow in my garage (flat surface), truck is slightly at a uphill angle when doing this.

When I go to rehook, its a pain in the a$$. Why is this? I almost have to pull the plow from the garage entrance so its at the same angle as the truck.

Anyone else have this problem or found a solution?
  2. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

The once or twice I have had that problem I just had my wife push the plow down with her foot while I drive in to it........carefully.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Drop the plow blade on a couple of piece's of wood so the front is higher and leaning backwards, this might help.
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I know what you are talking about and it is a PITA! I Just prop something under it to lift if up, like a piece of wood.
  5. mnnorthwoods

mnnorthwoods Junior Member

I could tell you some stories over them past 10 years with trying to mount my RII 8'2" Boss V. I now drop it at the bottom of a small hill. This way I can use the kick stand and when I get lined up I just run it into the hill. If you try this make sure the light stand does not drop down before you get into the mount.
  6. vincent

vincent Senior Member

It worked.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

One recommendation, I dropped my plow with nothing in the bed, went to re-install it but with a pallet of salt in the back, no way, wasen't going to happen. You have to put the plow back on with the truck at the same height or your going to have a major problem.

I took my plow off last year, put a 2" lift on the truck and could not get it on :realmad: Well needless to say I had to have the mount lowered a bolt hole and I was good to go, but the above still applies.

Best of luck to ya !!