1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with High Beam Lights-HELP

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by zurfsturfcare, Nov 4, 2010.

1. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hello,

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado. When I turn my lights on only my high beams work and I cant turn the high beams off. I disconnected the plow lights from the left side and hooked it back up OEM. When I did that I was able to make the lights on the truck function properly. I hooked the left side back up and did the same thing to the right side. However, the high beams were still stuck on when I put the right side back to OEM. I gather that there is something wrong on the left side. Has anyone had this problem before?? Im not sure if it could be the change over module or not. I know they have internal fuses that could blow and not make the lights work, but to keep the bright lights stuck on is another thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a new install?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And again,want to bet on it being the wrong adapter.:confused:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Seems to be a common thing today doesn't it? You placing bets I mean. :D

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't seem to get many takers:laughing: maybe cause they know the odds are they will have to payup

6. zurfsturfcare

from NE Ohio

correct adapter, just bought new

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Guess I'm payup, though the problem isn't fixed yet:laughing::laughing:

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Because it's new doesn't necessarily mean it's correct. What's the p/n so we can positively identify the harness?

9. zurfsturfcare

from NE Ohio

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your numbers correct however I would check the adapters themselves as with Meyer I've seen both the incorrect adapters in the kit as well as the adapters themselves pinned incorrectly in the plugs.

This is a new body style (GMT800) truck correct?

11. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

High AND low beam?

Should my plow lights have high and low beam?

The best I can recall, when the plow lights are on, I only have low beam, if I toggle the OEM high/low switch, the plow lights go off but the truck lights also stay off. When I turn off the plow lights, the truck lights funtion as designed.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow lamps made in about the last 25 years have both high and low beam so yes you should have both unless they're something extremely old.

13. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Truck is a 99, I suppose the plow was bought new at the same time.

Thanks, I will do some checking. Do you think the high beam is out on the bulbs or is there a relay? I will start checking fuses also.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming it has the under hood modules to loose the lamps on both sides you'd have to have two defective modules or both bulbs are blown. Neither would be unheard of but go over all the connections first and then check right at the plow lamp bulbs for power and ground on both beams.