1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with HID's in BOSS plow lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by pitrack, Nov 14, 2010.

1. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section for this or not.

I put in HID's in my Boss plow lights and am having some trouble with them. I have HID's in my truck headlights and fogs and they work fine, but the ones in the plow work when my key is turned on, but as soon as I turn my truck on they flicker and turn off. I know Dodge's are a pain for HID's but I have heard of guys installing resistors to make the flickering go away and just to get them to work.

any ideas? Thanks a lot.

2. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

i had that happen to my regular truck headlights not the foglights on my 06 ram. i installed a relay kit in for the headlights and fixed my problem so i would try that first for your plow light and see if that fixes them

3. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Thanks man, I just bought a relay kit online earlier tonight so hopefully that fixes my problem.

Thanks!

4. CompLTD

CompLTD Junior Member

Did the Harness fix the problem. I am having the exact same thing on a BOSS plow on an 08 Dodge Ram.