1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with E60 Touchpad

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by maxpower_454, Jan 29, 2011.

1. maxpower_454

maxpower_454 Junior Member

I bought a E60 and a touchpad controller for a good price used. Everything works great except the 'up' button on the touchpad is getting more and more difficult to work. Sometimes I does this mean I need a new touchpad or can I take it apart and mayeb replace a small part or something?

Also, what is this 'smoke' I keep reading about on here that's inside the controller? Is that a joke or something?

2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Just replace the controller, they are one of the roots of evil that Meyer has, They will start to go out and cause all kinds of issues. Cheapest way to stay out of trouble is to go ahead and buy a new one now as a back up.

3. maxpower_454

maxpower_454 Junior Member

Well I just use the plow for my driveway right now so I'd rather not just go and replace it. There's nothing I can do to make the problem a little better? It's really not that bad. If I have to, I'll just deal with it. And what's this smoke I keep hearing about?