1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with chevy 350 with fuel injector

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It is 80's gm 3500 with dually it not have right engine. Preview owner replace with new style motor.

it have fuel injector. When it start it stay run to fast idle that why auto transmission stay go instead stop. How to fix that? We just need get engine run slow so it be safe to drive to shop which is 10 miles away since now it not safe because it run to fast so it hard to stop truck.

It get hard to start so you need push gas then start it would run little if you keep push gas pedal for few sec then finally run but it sound run fast.

I need know answer now thank.

2. Milwaukee

Ok I have notice sometime it get slow increase speed to 45 mph from 0 it got 20 sec but feel transmission shift down then up then engine rpm loud then sound it shut down but it still run.

It stall so much it got me so piss off why there was 5 cars behind me. Now got to gas station then fill gas so decide try marvel oil in gas tank and carb it smoke tons. Now I notice much power than before.

Do you think it must be fuel injector dirt? It didn't moving very much most it park.

And I wish we have park on cement instead ground because it got stuck really bad.

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

idle air control

4. Milwaukee

where that located?

I check carb I see idle screw but it is toro screw since we gave up and will fit at school instead work outside in mud ground.

5. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if its the 5-7 its on the left side of your carb. now does the truck move with it in drive with out you hitting the gas is that your prob

6. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

I cant help but ask, if you're deaf why is your typing so hard to understand?

Anyway if it has fuel injection you shouldnt have to adjust anything, no throttle stop screw, anything.. It kind of sounds like you have a vacuum leak of some sort to me, will make for hard starting and elevated idle speeds and could cause your problems.. Some ways to find leaks are obviously listening for a hissing sounds at idle near the engine or spraying carburetor cleaner around areas of the intake with the engine running and listening for engine rpm changes in certain areas..