1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with bolts on moldboard loosening?? (poly)

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mdd, Jan 26, 2007.

1. mdd

mdd Member

poly 8ft straight blade. i've had numerous problems with bolts that keep working themselves loose and it some cases even out of the nut.

anyone else having this problem? did the dealer not torque everything to factory specs??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I havent run across too many that the poly sheet bolt's worked loose but if your having trouble with it you can remove the bolt's and apply some threadlocker to them.They'll stay tight then. Thread locker and Fluid film are your friend's when it come's to keeping plow's in working condition.:D

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I have the same problem with the metal v-plow. I think over time they do loosen up before they rust on permantly. I would just check them the days off and tighten them all up..

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

nylock nuts? threadlock?

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

He is talking about the bolts that hold the poly in place.
    You should re-torque(tighten) the cutting blade bolts after the first couple is uses.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did they use nylock nuts?
    There not suppose to be real tight on poly, Just snug.