1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem With Angle On Meyers E47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SCFALL, Nov 23, 2002.

1. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

JUST PURCHASED A USED BLADE OFF 96 F150 AND MODIFIED IT TO FIT MY OLD 82 J20 JEEP. IT CAME WITH ALL WIRING HARNESSES AND PLOW LIGHTS AFTER HOOKING IT ALL UP I FOUND THE PUMP WAS LOW ON OIL SO I FILLED IT. THE MOTOR WOULD RUN BUT NO LIFT. TORE UNIT DOWN AND CLEANED IT LOTS OF CRUD IN IT. REASSEMBLED IT AND AFTER WORKINK AIR OUT IT WOULD GO UP AND DOWN, ATTACHED PLOW ANGLED IT LEFT BUT WONT ANGLE RIGHT TESTED ALL 3 COILS OK. TO RAISE BLADE 2 COILS FIRE, ANGLE LEFT 1 COIL, ANGLE RIGHT NOTHING TO ANY COILS. ANBODY GOT ANY IDEAS????? ANYONE TELL ME WICH COIL FIRES IN WICH POSTION???????? THANKS GUYS

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

hey buddy do a search it was just discussed a couple weeks ago hope that helps pal

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Well you do need current at the "c" coil to angle right. so I would first check to see if the switch is operating. Operating order, Lift "B" coil and solenoid; Angle left "solenoid only"; ( motor runs) Angle right "C" coil and solenoid; Lower "A" coil only. That about covers it. I know you'll find the problem.:rolleyes: John

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I keep saying, we need a seperate forum entirely called "Meyers C Coil"....

BTW, SCFALL, before you ask a question about any subject at all it's a good idea to do a search. It's mostly been discussed before, more than once. The collective wisdom of the entire snowplowing community is but a few keystrokes and mouseclicks away. (Although, I think we all understand that asking a question is kind of a good "ice breaker" to join the fun.)

AND ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED YELLING!! I don't know why....

Welcome to PlowSite.... :)

5. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

6. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

meyers angle

Thanks guys. It turned out to be a bad oring that I didnt catch when I tore it down. We got about 2 inches last night but not enough to try it out on yet.

7. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Up and Running

I knew that you would find the problem, but I thought that you said you had no current to the any of the coils when you angled right? Another Meyer mystery! Glad you got it up and running. :rolleyes: John