1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem w/ Meyer Plow Install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by johnny1509, Feb 4, 2006.

1. johnny1509

johnny1509 Junior Member

My new truck is a Dodge 2500 Regular Cab 4X4. Just had a Meyer's Poly Plow installed and when I picked it up, I was in a hurry and did not get to look at it in detail. When I got home, I noticed that the front bumper where it wraps around the front of the truck is flush with the headlights on the passenger side and about 3 inches lower than the headlights on the driver side. When I took it in to have the install done (a Meyer authorized dealer/installer) the bumper was about 3/4 inch below the headlights on both sides. I also found 3 nickle sized burns in the plastic piece that is a top the bumper just below the driver side headlight. I will post pics as soon as I get the film developed.

My question is, is this just an adjustment or did the installer drill holes in the wrong place and as a result, this is how my bumper is gonna be now. I am mad as hell and will take it up with the dealer on Monday since they are closed on Sunday. It is really unprofessional looking to me. If this was an old truck, I wouldn't mind as much as everything functions well, but this truck is 4 months old and only has 5K miles on it. From the side is where it is immediately noticed......Passenger side, the bumper is pressed right up against the fender and driver side is 2.5 to 3 inches lower than the fender.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its just an adjustment, the brackets that go from the frame to the bumper are slotted on the frame side. Just need to loosen up to nuts per side and give the bumper a tug to the position you want it, or take it back and have the dealer do it.

3. johnny1509

johnny1509 Junior Member

Cool. I was worried they drilled into the frame and when they mounted things back up, this is what I ended up with. I have never installed a plow on any of my trucks but was really worried. I wish I had noticed it before I left, but hopefully it'll be fixed Monday. Thanks.