1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem removing plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by fvcat1408, Jan 5, 2011.

1. fvcat1408

fvcat1408 Junior Member

I have snowdogg md 68 have problem getting slack on chain lift so I can get jack on.
    I put plow on float push down on chain lift but it doesn't move so can't get jack in to remove plow, any suggestions?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Weld the junk jack that comes with the snowdogg to a trailer or throw it away and use a floor jack. Easier then the jack the buyers povides and you don't have to worry about it becoming unattached and the plow falling to the ground (or on your foot) when you are trying to move the plow around or install it on the truck.

3. micklock

micklock Senior Member

there is an adjusting screw to let the plow fall faster and make it easier to push it down

4. fvcat1408

fvcat1408 Junior Member

where is that screw?

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

6. npi9181

npi9181 Member

how old is the plow the packing on the cylinder may be to tight or not broke in yet
    I have had luck loosening the nut till the cylinder moves freely never had a leak problem

7. fvcat1408

fvcat1408 Junior Member

the plow is on it's 3 season. i will try to loosen it

8. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Is issue with just removing?

1st season with a MD68.

Had similar issue after changing tires. Think my snow's are smaller diameter; lower ground clearance. Drove onto 2x6" boards and installed jack w/no issue. Reinstalled without boards under tires; was piece of cake (easier than cake!) Think its all about the vertical height of the A-frame mount to the vehicle. At least the few times I've un/reinstalled that's what I've noticed.

Hope this helps!