1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem possibly with a bad controller on electric salt spreader?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by joe979xx, Jan 2, 2010.

1. joe979xx

joe979xx Junior Member
    from NYC

We have two SaltDogg Electric Drive Hopper Spreader on the backs of two pick-up trucks.

The problem with one of them is that the spinner will work for like 45 seconds and stop (It the circular mechanism that spins and flings out the salt onto the road. I guess it's the spinner)

So I switched the controller box from that pickup with a newer model on my other pickup truck -- and now both salters work.

But when I switch them back -- I get the original problem. Now I'm thinking that maybe it's not a bad controller -- or that something makes it malfunction???

Should I just get a new box and take a chance?

Thanks!
    Joe

Here is a picture of the type of SaltDogg spreaders that I have:
    http://www.saltdogg.com/Salt_Spreader/ElectricHopperSpreaders/

2. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My buddy just bought a brand new one and had that problem ,it seems there is a box that has fuses in it that get wet inside .Acording to what he told me a bunch of them left the factory not sealed properly, they sent him a new one and it works fine now.