1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem locking plow in

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DAZ982500, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I purchased this plow 3 weeks ago.It is an ultramount on 99 Ford F250 the right side of the plow will not lock in.When the hook comes around the post the pin does not engage in the hole.Only one side will lock into place.I will be calling the shop tomorrow just thought I would through this out there for ideas.We are expecting some snow tonite hopefully it wont be 3" or >.Cannot trnsport this way for sure.
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Does the handle on th eright side go all the way up, if it does the speong on the pin or the pin maybe just a little rusty and not popping in the hole. If yo need to take it somwhere I would feel comfortable moving it if one side is locked in. Just be sure to wire or strap the handle up so it doesn't fall down.
  3. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Make sure your receiver brackets are put on the right way. Take a look and double check.

Don't ask me how I know this.
  4. dave00diesel

dave00diesel Junior Member
    from indiana

My ultra mount is tough to lock in on the drivers side latch. I noticed the bolt that the latch swings on is bent so i just have to turn the nut/bolt with a wrench a little bit to get it to engage fully. Works until warm weather gets here to replace bent bolt. Hope that helps