1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem in the dashboard

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by z_plow_master, Jan 18, 2005.

1. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

hello all, i just got my trany rebuilt like a week ago
    but now everytime i switch into reverse, the 4WD 4LOW in the dashboard goes on for like two seconds and then shuts off,
    the advisor at aamoco transmissions thought that it might be the illumination relay, (the dealer called it a module),plus the inside cabin light goes on and off along with the 4WD light in the dash board,i am not sure if the 4x4 system gets engaged everytime it happens, cause when i put it back on Drive,the wheels move freely,
    ummm,the part is around 350 dollars plus installation ,,,,

i can't afford that right now,do you think it might affect the 4x4 system
    by the way,when i am in 4WD and go reverse then drive ,same thing happens,do you think the 4x4 is engaging and disengaging everytime i do that.
    thanks in advance, it is too cold outside to spend some time outsde to check it out in detail
  2. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

It sounds like the burden should be on Aamco to fix this problem and pay for it as well.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

It sounds like they are refering the the GEM Module, Generic Electronic Module.
    Take that thing back to Aamco and let them scratch their heads over it then if they can't fix it get it in writting that they are going to let you take it to the dealer and they will reimburse you for the repairs. Or better off if they can't fix it tell them to send it to the Ford dealer and they can pay for it and keep you out of the money loop. And yes depending on the type of truck that it is the GEM module can keep the 4x4 from engaging or keep it engaged after you switch it out by the switch.

Hope this helps and good luck.