1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem allison in duramax 4500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by FARM, Aug 1, 2006.

1. FARM

FARM Junior Member
    from CT

transmission will only shift when i let of the accelerator. if i keep my foot on the accelerator truck will not shift, it will just stay in one gear until i take my foot of the pedal. it's a '03 4500. i bought the truck used about a year and a half ago. would this be covered under warranty? any suggestions?

thank you

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

3. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

I that problem with an 06 with the new 6 speed auto tranny, when I was using it I drove it in M so I could shift the truck. Well I had the pedal down to the floor then went to push the button to shift the gear nothing. I had to let off of the pedal to shift.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i had this problem in the winter when it got rally cold, but now its summer and its fine. the guys at the dealership said i was not the only on with this problem. see i could not even drive it in M it just would not shift and plus my check engine light would come on.