1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Probably the Last Plow jobs for 2007-08

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

What a winter,... I can't remember a single one ever in my life, even if there was one like this,... where we did not even get a 5" snowfall !! My plowing season normally runs from October thru mid April or so,... but tonight may very well have been my last job. There's always a few people who leave Alaska in the fall, return around this time of year, and want their places opened up,... and there are always a few people & roads that just pack it down all winter, then need it plowed once it turns to slush,... but there's such little snow left around here already at this point in early April, that I think I may be done,... so here's a few closing shots of the last few places I did in the last few days,... making piles at a local lodge,...

Blizz piles 5 (Small).JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Moving some piles with the skid,....

Good job 2 (Small).JPG

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Opening up a yard with the whole winter's worth of snow to push,...

Plowing yard (Small).JPG

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Pushing sugar-snow with the Speedwing,...

Pushing with Speedwing (Small).JPG

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Cleaning up a yard

Plowing yard 4 (Small).JPG

6. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Scraping slush out of a subdivision road last night,...

slush 2 (Small).JPG

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I pinned the wings back so I had a nearly 10' wide straight-blade,.. it seemd to not dig in & fold down as easy like this,...

slush 5 (Small).JPG

8. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Wet slush is something I don't push much,.. until this time of year,.... and it sure is harder to move than dry fluff....

slush 1 (Small).JPG

9. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

All that's left now is an ice base,... which will soon break up too,....

slush 4 (Small).JPG

10. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

:drinkup:nice pics!!!

11. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

slush 7 (Small).JPG

12. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Well,.... unless something weird happens,.. I think this is it,... there's always next year,... :waving:

slush 6 (Small).JPG

13. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice pics! Seems like the Speedwing cleans up the slush good.Time to start getting ready for next year I guess:(

14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics of the old Chevy, but where is the Boss V?

I think old grader would be nice for moving that heavy slush out of the way(and more fun), save the chevy's for the lighter stuff.

15. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I think the angle of attack on the Speedwing makes it scrape better than the Boss, even tho the Boss is 250lbs heavier, and for sure would do the job just fine. I guess the main reason I used this truck & plow for most of the winter, was because it's still under warranty, and so I figured if anything happens to it, other than me hitting stuff, it's not on my nickel yet. :salute:

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics boss.....when does the snow usally melt? Also was there a lack of snow up there?

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

So how has the Blizzard held up over 1 winter?? Were you happy with its performance, and would you buy another one??

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pics!

19. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

We on occasion will still have snow left into early June,... but with our below-ave amounts this year, it may be mostly gone before May even gets here.

Overall, I'm very happy with the performance of this new Speedwing. When I first bought it, and the dealer had it on my truck, one of the wings would hang up & not return to the forward-scoop postion when straight, so he beat on it with a sledge hammer til it popped back out,... and thought it was fixed,... I said I don't think so,... anyway, he gave me a whole different plow, so that first one was somehow not quite right from the factory. The only thing I broke was the main hinge pin for the left wing,... one night I had a hose vibrate off & lost all my fluid,... the plastic cover would not stay on until I strapped a bungee-cord around it,.... the headlights reflecting against a white plow is much harder on my eyes at night while driving down the road,... but the scraping & stacking abilities of this plow were better than I had anticipated,.. so, would I buy one again? yep

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!