1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bushwoods1, Feb 9, 2003.

1. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Can anyone tell me if the pro wing "add ons" for a meyers 7.5' blade will work on the poly plows? All the info I've seen is for them to be mounted on a steel blades only.

Also the few that I have seen mounted in this area seem to be very flimsy. I wonder if this is a matter of being mounted improperly, or do they realy work at all?

I have also looked into the " Turkey Wings" and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on them vs. the "pro wings" and whether or not they will mount to a meyers poly plow.

Any thoughts or comments would be welcome, thanks, Bill
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think there is a recommendation for pro wings or turkey wings on a poly plow. Reason being...the polyethelene isn't as strong as the steel.
    I know you have to drill a hole (1 inch I think) through the steel for part of the wing to go through and there's a backing plate that goes on the back side of the blade.
    I think one of the main reasons not to mount one is if you had an impact with something where the wing took the hit it might put enough pressure on that part of the wing, pulling the wing mount and plate forward and cracking the poly., or even worse.
    It's probably been tried, but personally I wouldn't do it to anything but a steel plow...just my .02
  3. nben

nben Senior Member

4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

You CAN add BOTH. Just takes some extra work and a little metal fabbing.