1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RocknCLawn, Dec 3, 2008.

1. RocknCLawn

RocknCLawn Junior Member
    from Kansas

Hey Guys, has anyone ever ran pro wings on a poly blade? Also, with the Meyer blades the supports are angle that is different from the westerns etc....how do you mount the mounting plates on the meyer's? Do you have to weld them?
  2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I think I remember reading that ProWings aren't recommended for use on poly blades
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

They're not. But with some fabrication, they can be made to work. The moldboard has to be taken off, and a steel brace welded onto and across the back in some sort of configuration as to provide a place for the peg to come through the moldboard and support the backing plate from pulling through upon back dragging. There are a few guys on here that have done it and provided pictures, as well. Do a search with the terms and you should be able to come up with them.
  4. RocknCLawn

RocknCLawn Junior Member
    from Kansas

Sweet, I seen the pictures and thats the same blade i will be putting them on...very helpful thank again