1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wings....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, Feb 15, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

how ya doing....i put prowings on my 6'6'' western standard duty to clear for my new truck quickest thing to do....anyways....the rubber edges were gone up in no time....wanted to know what some of u guys do instead of going with the rubbers....need some ideas quick...i ended up takin them off at the end of the day to get close to the curbs.....willin to try anything lol...

2. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

I used to have a meyer 7' 6" and put pro wings on that plow. Yes the rubber wings wore out very fast so I went to a place that sold sheet plastic and had them cut me out the same size piece as the rubber edge was. He told me what the best type off plastic( it was a mix Urethane/plastic) was that would't wear to quickly. They have been on there for over 2 years still good. If you look in your area phone book there should be something in there for plastic

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I'm trying to picture how close you can get to walks with a 6' 6" plow on a full size pickup. The blade wouldn't even be wide enough for the tire tracks.

4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Use a couple pieces of U-Edge, urethane snowplow cutting edge, in place of the rubber squares.