1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scotty2222, Dec 13, 2001.

1. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

When these pro wing are installed, Do the wing curve in or does it still leave the plow blade straight. Reason for asking is that I have to plow up to alot of curbs and don't want the pro wings damaged by the curb. I know the add alot of width but don't know any more. Thanks for all the info

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The wings actually pitch forward allowing you to capture some of the snow with less spillage. They let you use more of the blade for plowing. You should not damage them if you know where the curbs are. The pro wings have rubber at the bottom,

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

the rubber helps, but i still bang mine up pretty good i am always looking for that squeege on the curb type action.......so they are clear curb to curb

4. Big Todd

Big Todd Senior Member

You'll have to be sort of careful plowing up to curbs, but the rubber edge should flex enough to allow you to do so. One good way to avoid banging up your wings, I've found, is to get a second set of guide sticks and bolt them right to your wings.

Todd

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The wings are pretty light material compared to the plow, so you will bend them if you strike at any speed or with much impact.
    Dino