1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by spiviter, Sep 23, 2006.

1. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

Anyone put pro wings on a 8-1/2 western plow. I know they dont recomond it.. But I dont want to buy a bigger truck with a 10ft plow till next winter.. its a F350 w/7.3 powerstroke
  2. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I have the same problem!!

I have an 8.5 Western and was wanting to put Pro-Wings on it. Eveyone that i have talked to said that one of the support ribs on the back of the plow is in the way of the main pin mount on the wings. They said that the mount 8.5 inches in from the sides. A guy told me that i can weld it on which i wouldn't do or to just cut a section out of the support ribs and weld in a box around where the pin comes through. I haven't seen it done but it doesn't sound that hard. If you find out any other solutions let me know.
  3. I have an 8.5 Unimount and have Pro wings on it.. They fit just fine and no problems here.. I NEVER TAKE EM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Work great and couldnt go without them. I have seen a few sets mounted on 8 footers and had to cut the back braces out, that could be what their talking about...:drinkup:
  4. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Hey PLOWBOY!!!

Can you send me some pics of the wings on and how they mount in the back?
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict