1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by medic7109, Nov 8, 2005.

1. medic7109

medic7109 Junior Member

I have a Western 7'6" Pro Plow, Western Model 2000 spreader and take care of several commercial accounts including the company that I work for. They are very large lots, 200-300 parking spaces per lot. Have a lot of problems with trail off. I have been plowing for 4 years. Also I am spreading Calcium Chloride in 50lb bags, what is everyone else charging to spread something like that? I have been charging $45 per 100lbs spread. Are Pro-Wings worth the money?
  2. little pat

little pat Member

Pro Wings are without a doubt worth the money IF you are not charging by the hour or subbing for someone. They cut down on plowing time dramatically.
    As far as spreading calcium or salt, we try to get between 4-5 times cost of product.
  3. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

we have three plows with pro-wings and love them, had to adjust our hourly rates because the cut our time by at least 20 to 25%, they reduce trail off and add almost 2 ft to the plow width. wouldn't plow without them
    I put an extra set of marker poles on them to guide better and keep them off the curbs.
    $50.00 per 100 cal/ $25.00 salt
  4. wddodge

wddodge Member

The wings are great, especially if you have to move the snow a long distance. I replaced the rubber scraper that came with the wings with some rubber that's 1 1/2" thick so it don't fold back as easy. That made a noticable difference too.

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Worth It ???

I had a Pro Plus installed on one of our trucks last winter, actually wanted another V-plow but was told the front end couldn't take it, anyway I had the 7.5' Pro Plus installed, wings, backdrag blade, (smartest move I made all winter) That plow out plows my V-plows, granted you cant stack as well but it has no (NO) trailoff which makes it twice as fast as the others, (definetly) worth the investment !!!!:cool: :cool: