1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of wings on my 7 1/2 Myers. Last season the rubber kept pulling through leaving the rubber ends hanging and getting caught under the plow. Anyone have any little tricks as to keeping them from not pulling through. I've thought about making a set of 1/4 steel plates and putting the bolts through that.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

A steel plate, big fender washers or switch the rubber out for urethane.

3. Brian Young

Yeah I was going to go with the urethane but I dont feel like paying Jerry's $550.00 so I called Gene Davis Supplies and they are going to make me a 1/4 steel square 4x4" and punch a whole in it for me for under $40.00 or so.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

$550 sounds like it would be for the wing edges and the plow edge.

5. Brian Young

Maybe your right, but I know it was at least 250-275. Anyway its handled, I called gene davis supply they made me a 1/8" thick 4x4 square plate and drilled a hole in the center and I found some thicker washers to fit the bolt so this should do the trick.

6. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Brian Young

I had those pro wings on my Meyer C-7.5 the best thing I ever did. Now I used them the first season and the rubber wore off from curbs etc. The next season I put a set of plastic/urethane pieces on, they were about 12X12X1 inch thick I got them for 20 bucks apiece. What I did was sit down and open up the phone book and call all the sheet plastic company's around it took a few but found some one. They lasted longer than the wings did. hope this helps