1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro wings ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by progmc, Dec 13, 2004.

1. progmc

progmc Member

Well heres the deal, I have a 8' sno way steel plow. I was looking into wings for it and the dealer told me that it is not a good idea to put them on being that the mold board is so thin. Its only like 1/16 of a inch thick. Now heres my question, On the outsides of the plow there is the thicker steel that runs with the mold board. Could I put a piece of steel in there to fill it in and kind of make it like a scoop. I would be able to bolt it right to the far ends of the mounting on the plow. And then what I was thinking is to put a thick piece of rubber on the bottom 1/4 part to allow the plow to trip. It is really hard to try to explain this so I hope some one understands what Im saying. thanks for any help.

2. progmc

progmc Member

Any help would be great