1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mxrider069, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Not sure what forum to put this in, ill toss it in here as they are goin on a western! but does anyone know of the cheapest place to buy the pro wings with shipping included?! figured someone might know!payup

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You wanting buy the Western pro+ wings or the cheapO ones that buyers make

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

The cheaper pro wings I would think Angelo's in wixom mi or j Thomas

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

check Ebay you might find them cheaper

5. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

[​IMG]

this is a much better option in my opinion...

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Jim at esi is usually cheapest.

7. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Yeah im looking for the buyers wings

8. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Hey bird....what are those?

9. birddseedd

they were custom made. let me know if you are interested i can get you hooked up with the guy that sells them.

10. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

yeah shoot me the info. were they big bucks? and how do they work?

11. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Box wings are ok. Buyers pro wings are better for the cost. We did a trial 1 year with 2 Plows. 1 box, 1 buyers pro. Installed more buyers pro the next year. Scrapped the box wings.

But, we don't do resi's, just big open lots. Curbs are not a box wings friend.

12. birddseedd

sorry. i didnt see your post

(269) 382-3686 his name is chuck. he was my dealer i guess now he is doing wholesale. he gave his wings to another guy. chuck can tell you where. chuck charged in between 100 and 150.

first snow i get to do my big lot im going to do a video of how they work.

13. birddseedd

[​IMG]

I woudl reccommend measure 2 pieces of flatstock across from rib to rib. then you weld those 2 pieces of flatstock to the mount and weld the whole thing to yoru ribs, spot welding across the mold board at most.

this will put hte force on your ribs which are stronger than yoru mold board. its also a pain welding something flat to something curved

or if you want to get fancy like one other guy on this forum, instead of 2 flat stock pieces going across, have a piece on one side, and a piece on the other with a 1" eye hole connecting them. a hinge. then you can tuck your wings behind the plow, rather than compleetly removing and hauling to yoru truck in the snow. you could even put hydrolics on them to open and close from the truck.

or do like some do and permanently weld them to the ends of your plow. i like being able to get them off, for driveways. some dont need to.