1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-wings ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by milkie62, Feb 18, 2011.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Anybody running these.I cannot justify a V plow or wide out since I only need this type for 2 lots.But I could see the advantages with the trailing snow.If they are worth it I will add them during the off season this year along with the sandblasting and re-painting this summer.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

They r a good investement. But weld the brackets on for a better fit and stronger hold. Will save u a lot of time on large open lots. I ran them for 3 yrs and loved them. Switched over to fisher v and xls just because I got tired of taking them on and off. Only took a minute but no room with the dump insert salter to store them.

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

cats azz you'll love them just dont hit curbs and your solid

4. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Thanks for the info .I only have 2 lots but 140' long so there is some trail -off.

5. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search. This subject has been talked about many times.

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Unless your plow is poly check into Sno-wings.
    Built much heavier than the prowings.
    Robert

7. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

I installed a pair of the pro wings on my plow about a month ago. Had them on for about 45 minutes before a guy pulled into his driveway right in front of me. Could avoid him so I literally plowed him into a snow bank. I have a V plow now that I may still but the wings on after I straighten them out and beef them up a bit. I'd say go for it.

8. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

...........x2

9. peterng

peterng Senior Member

The plow carries twice the snow in front of it with the wings on. They are rather light duty rigs though. I had to weld angle to keep the lower/outer tabs from bending. I take them off for driving through town. They put my 7.5' plow up to 9'2", which is 8" over legal limit around here.

Like burkhart said, weld the mounting brackets on. I had bolts pulling through the moldboard, so I tack welded them. They work great now.

Poor mans vplow, very cheap way to greatly increase production rates.
    Pete

10. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Well I only need them for 2 lots that I do that the runs are about 140' in length.I get alot of trail off at times and end up running sometimes only 4-5' of my 8.5 foot plow to stop trail off.What I would do is do the 2 lots that I have ,put them on and then just drive the 1 mile home and drop them off to go and do the rest of my plowing.

11. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have found that it works best to remove the wing on the side that you are angling to if you have a lot of wind rowing to do. Also, why wouldn't you just put them in the back of the truck instead of driving them back to your house?

12. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I run snowblowers also,so they would be in the way.

13. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I agree with the taking one wing off. I did this (not by choice though) and I gotta say besides it lookin goofy it worked sweet.