1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hawkeslandscapi, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hawkeslandscapi

Hawkeslandscapi Junior Member

how well do the pro wings hold up against curbs? i am looking to get some for my 7.6ft fisher because i will be plowing 2 parking lots and it will increase my production greatly.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't bent one but I am very gentle. Another guy in town goes through 2-3 sets every year.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

all 4 of mine are bent...

still work sweet...one of the sets has been used for 4 seasons and by multiple drivers.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I made a mod to my set that strengthened them and kept snow/ice from building up behind the rubber. click on my link below and you can see a picture of it.

when running curbs you have to keep an eye on it or you will bend them, my downfall is I love to push piles back and that is what bent mine a little bit after 2 years, but still totally usable.

if your planning on doing this regularly than you might just want to get curb guards and put on a set of turkey wings instead (they turn your plow into box plow like you run a loader with)