1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings, Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dieselpower25, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Dieselpower25

Dieselpower25 Junior Member
    from PA

Hey guys, I have an ST 7.5 on my 03 ram 2500. I plow for my employer and I have a few decent sized lots on my list. Was tossing around the idea of putting a set of Pro wings on my plow. Looking for some input and the pros and cons on them. thanks!
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They do save time and you can move alot more snow, but on the down side, if your getting paid by the hour you will be taking $$$ out of your pocket since you wont be taking as long to finsh your route.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i really like them....can't think of any negative's about them except if you plow mostly steets i'd advise againt them...we have 7 sets and most hold up good except for one of my drivers beats the hell out of them and they will bend..
  4. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I don't think I could plow without them!
  5. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: couldnt plow without mine best thing since bottled beer :gunsfiring:
  6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I don't have them but it appears from what I have been reading on P.S, you mostly have to have near perfect plowing conditions of nothing but snow and no borders that you can scrape against, like cement borders on driveways or getting too close to building and curbs that can catch the wings.

If you plow by the hour instead of by the push, you are cutting your own throat because it takes you less time to plow because the wings are 25 - 30 percent faster than without them.
  7. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have no problem plowing near obstacles, however I actually watch what I'm doing. and yes there going to save you considerable time...
  8. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

They can be good and bad. I have bent them just plowing heavy wet snow HUGE piles but it did bend them. Also the parking lots I was doing we had to clean the curbs real good and the rubber cutting edge tears off easy I replaced it with 1-1/2" cutting edge and that worked better. They are best in lighter snow in big areas definetely cuts down on cleanup.