1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings vs Turkey wings?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Makndust, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I have a 9'2" Boss poly V. Just wondering what the difference is between the pro wings and turkey wings? I am toying with the idea of adding a set to the plow if possible

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Pro wings add width to the blade and are angled forward making the blade somewhat like a scoop, much like the blizzard plows. Turk-key wings make the blade like a box blade, and do not add to the width of the blade.

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I would think that turkey wings on a V plow would not work all that good. When you put your V in the carry position I think the wings would about close together. The pro-wings angle to the side so they would probably work out a little better on a V. I don't have a V plow, turkey wings or pro-wings so take my thoughts as what they are "thoughts".

4. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Crumm, I was thinking the same thing and how they would work on my v. I don't think either set up would work very well, the v itself helps a great deal

5. mikeww

mikeww Junior Member

prowings on a snoway 8'3" V

Put new prowings on my old snoway V only used once sofar waiting for more snow only time or should I say use and abuse will tell but for now FANTASTIC!! GREAT SUPER AWESOME BIG TIME SAVER

MIKEWW