1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-wings Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PAGE2004, Oct 12, 2004.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Just installed Timbrens in the front .... seems like a good investment..also installed pro wings to my 8 ft. fisher MM and did some re-inforcement to the wings ( sides and top )

I want to ask other pro wing users the following :

1. Are the two bolts that hold the rubber edge on enough ? It looks like they would rip right through the rubber if your pushing alot .I am thinking of adding a steel bar with holes for the bolts.

2.Ive seen posts on here about switching to hard plastic edges in place of the rubber cutting edges ... whats it called, where can I get some and is it worth it ?

THANX for any feedback .

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I was told I could not use Pro-Wings on my old Fisher trip edge plow. I have them on 2 plows now and love them. I have had no problems with the cutting edges tearing. I would be leery of a U-edge on them since you have no tripping action on them if you hit something....

3. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

My Fisher is a 1997 ..the pro wing people said that thier wings fit on all FISHER plows . Anyway ...they fit good .

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Why are you beefing them up?? My first set has 3 seasons on them with no problems, but I use a full trip blade so that if I hit something it will give...

5. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

If I were to "redesign" a set of Pro Wings I would only add a little more length on the bottom edge. That would keep the rubber edge from folding back as bad.

Other than that they are an excellent product. They will improve your efficiency possibly by 1/3.

Best $169.00 I have spent.

Mark K

6. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

One of reasons were,
    I wasnt happy with the fact you couldnt see the outer edge of the plow with the wings on ( from the drivers seat ) except for the angled markers, and I felt that the sides and top could use some beefing up for stacking purposes, around here in New England we get all types of snow alot of it heavy and wet. I used the same thickness plate metal that the wings are made of and basically squared off the outer sides and top , which allowed me to make a slot in the top angle iron I fabricated, so that when the wings are put on , the slot locks in over the outer RIB (backside) of the plow as it drops into the pins making it an additional reinforcement point rather than the inch and a quarter / plate hole on the blade taking all the stress.