1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings or Box Ends?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just picked up a new 8' straight blade for $2,000 payup xysport. What would you guys recommend using box ends or ProWings?

2. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

for the price I put wings on mine... makes that 8' almost 10

3. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

and for $2000 you got a really good deal!!

4. NBI Lawn

I know :D. Wanted another scoop but this will do.

Do you have have any pics of your plow?

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

What did you mean (for the price) wouldn't it be cheaper to build or purchase the scoops plates than the wings, anyway just my thoughts as i was pondering making a set of side plates for the scoops effect, i understand that the the wings make the the plow wider but don't the scoops act the same?

6. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

planning on taking some tonight while i'm out plowing, and tomorrow again. just started snowing here and they are talking 5-8"...

here's one of the pile I made in Dec with my 8' strait

IM000013.JPG

7. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I priced the hiniker box ends and they where over $300!! Got the pro wings for $150-$200. So for the price i went with the wings. With the wings i can leave them on and it makes my plow 20" wider. With Box ends you can roll snow as well. I made a set for my old meyer and they worked good if all you where doing is pushing strait. With the wings can still use the plow any angle i want.

8. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

box ends

plowwboxends.JPG

Here's my 8' hiniker w/ box ends sorry for the crappy picture Cell phone

They work great for 2-3" other than that I take driverside off to roll snow.

I'm thinking about a V or scoop or speedwing next year.

plowwboxends.JPG

9. NBI Lawn

With the scoop you can use the straight blade wire harness. If you went to a V you would have to rewire the truck.

Scoops are the Sh!t wesport

10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Oh i see now. and i never thought about rolling the snow off the side and i have several that i windrow. I can see the advantages of the wings now thanks for the info. Joe

11. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Use the Box Ends, they will add 6 to 8 inches to your width once they stretch out, and with HINIKERS
    design, the pins are a soft grade steel so if you really WALLOP something, the pins will snap off and
    you will not ruin your pushing blade. NEVER NEVER attach anything solid to the side of the blade
    or you will be putting out BIG BUCKS. The ends of anybodys plow are the weakest link.
    Good luck with your decision............

12. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Stay with the SCOOP, I have one of those also. It's like a huge spoon on the front of your truck and
    trust me, it will out push ANY V-Plow on the market by 30%,,,,,,,,,,,and time is money. In and out
    from one job to picking up a competitors customer because they can't get to it in time. The scoop
    also stacks the snow much higher than any other plow that I have used.

Good Luck, just trying to help.

13. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Well said sweetlou it will stack snow!