1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings or Boss Wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Nov 7, 2011.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I have been using Pro-Wings for 4 years now. I had a set on my old Meyer plow and then put a set on my Boss. They work out real good. I going to be possibly doing some subcontracting this winter and wanting a better set up.

I replaced the rubber on the pro-wings near the end of the season but when I got the rubbers, they were churled and don't work as effective.

Where is the most affordable place to find some Boss style wings? I have a 7.5' straight Super Duty.

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We have a local manufacturer who makes Sno-Wings. They are a much better designed wing but similar in shape to Pro Wings only made out of 1/4" plate steel with better reinforcement not only for the wing but for the moldboard as well. They come with 1-1/2" rubber edges and withstand the abuse of commercial plowing. They run around $380/pair.
    We have switched to Boss wings and love their curvature & height matching the blade and feel they are a little more aggressive in scooping snow than any other wing. They run around $725/pair.
  3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I have 3 boss v-blades, and just got a new 7.6 straight blade for a new 1500 silverado, been plowing for over 20 years and never had wings, with the new plow will it be worth the cost?, we do both commercial and residental, the new truck, being a reg cab short box will be doing alot of the drives, was thinking of adding wings, will there be any issues doing drives with them on? thanks for any advice Jim.
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

BOSS !!!!!!! Pro-wings are um, to put it nicely cheesy...
  6. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

I have had my wings:angel: for two years now. The only problem that I have had with them is two of my accounts wanted me to lower my plow rates due to getting done sooner than in the past.:laughing::laughing::laughing: That's the truth.
    The wings are WELL worth it.
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

boss wings are better setup and stronger