1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro wings on Xblade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by R.J.B., Nov 21, 2015.

1. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Does anyone have a set of pro wings on a stainless xblade? We got this plow on a truck we just bought and its an 8ft and we would like to add some length. Thanks
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Would guess not a good idea. Mold board on xblade is not part of the frame. The outer mounts for wings may be fine but where they go through the mold board may be a weak spot and damage mold board when wing catches anything.
  3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

I was thinking of the same thing on my xblade but like Kimber mentioned its not part of the frame and also I wasn't drilling in the stainless. with in the next couple of weeks im bringing my xblade to a local fabricator and have some custom wings made
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You could weld a bracket to the frame x bracing right up against the back of the mold board to accept the pro wings. Might work, might not