1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on unimount MVP?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Nov 6, 2011.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Have any of you guys seen or used pro wings on a older MVP? I want wings bad and thought about going that way since I had them on my straight blade, and they are a lot cheaper then the $600 western ones I would have to modify. Any help would be great.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

We mounted them on one of our fisher Ez-V's, which is the same blade as yours. Just watch the mounting holes because the end rib is right where the holes for the mount go, or weld it on.

3. firefighter1406

So they work okay then? I am guessing I am going to have to take them off between jobs but will be a lot faster in some of my bigger lots.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Much faster the plow measures 9'-2" in the V with them on, it's up you if you take them off or not, but you do risk an overwidth ticket (at least here (how I know it's 9'-2")). I'm taking that plow this year because I have a bunch of plowing to do before my salting & my guys don't want to bother with getting out of the truck to put them on. I don't care the accounts I'm plowing is a school distrcts all clustered tight the one other site is a rural to it so after that I'll remove.

5. firefighter1406

I am glad to hear they work then. I probably will weld on the brackets then. I am going to start looking for a good deal on a set right now. Thx a lot, I was worried that they wouldnt scrap right in all the positions.