1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Wings on SSL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by davidhoypt, Feb 9, 2012.

1. davidhoypt

davidhoypt Junior Member
    from PA

I have a set of pro wings with urethane edges on my 8 foot Fisher Speed Caster. This is mounted to my Case 440 SSL. Evey year I have an issue with tweeking the wings against curbs in commercial lots. I have often considered added a brace (most likely weld 1 1/2" angle) to reinforce the bottom of the wing as this is the only area that gets bent. My concern is: if somthing is hit now, will it put too much force on the plow mold board? Does anyone have any insight or experience?
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

There has to be a weak point somewhere. I know we never modified our pro wings, same or similiar problem your finding. Our have also teams the moldboard around the hole you drillmin it, couldn't tell you if the guys used the reinforcing plate that came with them or not though.
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Why not use your bucket to clean around curbs? Or try this idea.... just stay a foot or so away from it so you're not bending wings every year.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Why don't you get the falline poly edges for the wings. They are sturdy and scrape nice.
  5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Ditch the pro wings and get you a set of sno wings from ace equipment in henderson colorado.
    twice as strong as pro wings, we use them to scrape curbs constantly with no issues.