1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Wings on Hiniker V

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by getplowedmt, Nov 30, 2010.

1. getplowedmt

getplowedmt Junior Member
    from Montana

I put a set of Pro Wings on my 8' straight Hiniker a few years back and was amazed at how well they did. This year I decided I could make the same Pro Wings work on my 8'-6" Hiniker v plow as well. However, because of the stiffening rib that runs along the bottom, I've discovered that I will have to weld the bottom bracket to the mould board and move the whole thing up about 1-1/2" from where the install instructions suggest. Moving it up keeps me from drilling the 1-1/8" hole through the upper part of the rib with no way of securing the Pro Wing pin to back side of the plow.

So, before I drag out the welder and drill and start something that I shouldn't have, has anyone else put Pro Wings on their Hiniker V? Stories (horror or not) and photos to share by chance? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I have pro wings on my straight blade, and I like them, but I don't think they would work nearly as well on a "v".
    I would leave them off, but that's just my opinion. I have never seen any on a v plow.

Sorry if you were looking for better info., that's all I have.
  3. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

It it where me and your not going to dork up the plow to bad and If you take your time and make it look good I'd try it! And then make them easy on and off! I think it would help in the light fluffy snow!